The Henry and Stark County Health Department announced the latest COVID-19 numbers on Wednesday. Henry County reported 57 new cases and Stark County reported 7 new cases for the seven day period ending this past Tuesday. COVID-19 numbers nationwide have been rising in general and that’s a good reason to make sure you have gotten your Bivalent COVID-19 Booster which you can get at the Henry and Stark County Health Department.
The Health Department notes that both Henry and Stark County is currently at “High” Community Level on the CDC Covid-19 Data Tracker map. The CDC’s COVID-19 Community Level tool classifies every county in the U.S. into low, medium, or high. Knowing the COVID-19 Community Level in your area will help determine what prevention measures are needed to protect yourself and your loved ones, as well as decrease strain on hospitals and health systems.
Residents of Counties at “High” Community Level should:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Wear a mask if you have symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Wear a mask indoors in public and on public transportation. You may choose to wear a mask at any time as an additional precaution to protect yourself and others.
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, consider taking additional precautions.