Macomb FD Responds To Saturday Morning Fire


MACOMB, IL – Macomb firefighters responded to a house fire on S Ward Street early Saturday morning.

According to a report issued by Macomb Fire Chief Dan Meyer, crews were dispatched to the home around 10:46 a.m. On arrival, crews reported flames showing and proceeded to make entry into the home where they discovered fire in the front room and attic.

There was one person present in the home, the occupant, who had awoken to the smell of smoke before exiting the rear of the home. They sustained minor injuries and were treated and released by Lifeguard Ambulance Services.

The fire was extinguished and deemed under control at 11:58. No other civilians or firefighters were reported to be injured, but two dogs perished in the fire. At this time, the fire is believed to have been started by a space heater that was plugged into a power strip.

The fire remains under investigation at this time.

Submit a Comment